It's nice to be doing some art again

The tree of life, in its formative stages



I started this sculpture in May, before getting sidetracked by this thing.  Now I have time to give the tree of life sculpture some attention, and therefore something to blog about here.  It’s made with paper filaments, some of which have wire inside them so they can be bent into shape, and the concept here is basically a mashup of this:



Image from Fine Art America.


And this:






The larger filaments of the sculpture follow the outline of the streets in this map of Kelburn, but flipped upside down because it makes a nicer tree shape that way, and re-imagined as blood vessels inside an organism.


Comments

  1. Hey Stella. Dan Reeder here. I have had to switch the accounts I use to comment. So nice to see you working again! Looks like another great project in the works! I'll get back to work as soon as my fatherly duties are under control. Look forward to more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dan, good to hear from you. Hope you're well. Thanks; it is nice to have a project on the go and it's shaping up in a fairly promising way.

      Delete

Post a Comment