Thursday, 31 July 2014

The fish skull, now that I've finished sculpting it



Last time I showed you the fish skull, it needed to have the mandible and gill covers attached.  Now it has the gill covers and is all finished, apart from painting.



It's that colour because I put it on top of the fire to dry and left it there a bit too long.


I did refer to pictures of fish skulls when I was making the skull, but I haven't copied any particular type of fish.  I more or less made the skull up as I went along.  It's not quite as symmetrical as I would like, but I'll solve that problem by mounting it with only one side visible, and I still think it's pretty metal.

Now all I need is the rest of the fish.