Monday, 21 April 2014

The finished Easter egg



Here's the Easter egg from the last post, all finished.  To get it looking like this, I painted it, and then I covered it with a couple of layers of toilet paper covered in polyurethane.  This is what I did with the dragon membranes I made a while ago, and it makes the paper semi-transparent.




I find when I use this technique the key is to use a lot of polyurethane.  It works best if you really layer the stuff on there.

Now, I know I titled this post "the finished Easter egg", but I think it will look a lot better if I put a chick inside it.  Maybe a dragon chick.  I'll show you that next time.