Wednesday, 3 October 2012

It's dried head time!

Last time I blogged, I talked about making a book cover based on antique handbags with alligator heads on them.  So without further ado, let's get stuck into that all-important dried head.  Here it is, all finished and waiting to be painted.

I started with a vaguely head-shaped lump of paper pulp.  Because the details get built up in layers, it wasn't especially important to have the shape absolutely right in the beginning.

Vaguely snout-shaped pulp with proto-nostrils

From there, I built up nostrils, eyes, scales and spines.


Eyes and scales

Some little eyebrow spines

This'll take quite a while to dry - possibly a couple of days - so in the meantime I'll do something different in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment